Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, November 6, 2009

And... 18

Day 264 Waiting for our miracle babies
Well here I am at 18 weeks. I had a doctor's appointment today and she confirmed that our little baby is still growing and has a great heartbeat. She scheduled me to have an ultrasound with a perinatologist (a high risk pregnancy doctor) on November 24th. He will do all the regular ultrasound stuff. He will also assess the status of my cervix and offer an opinion about how much longer he thinks I'll be able to hold onto the baby. Sounds fun, right? NOT. I'm actually terrified that I'm going to get there and he's going to have bad news. We shall see. Hopefully the worst thing that will happen is he will order me to stay in bed for the duration of my "confinement." Frankly, if that's all that happens, I will be relieved. After all, I never expected that I'd make it this far without getting strapped down, so I'm grateful for every day that I can still do the normal things. You know, walk to the bathroom, bathe myself, work, go to the store, etc... Stuff like that really makes me thankful! (Don't mock)

On a brighter note, I have now posted the poll where you can guess whether I'm having a boy or a girl! It's in the right sidebar.
Just ignore our laundry in the background. Oh, and the fact that I'm not wearing makeup. Just one of those days...

5 comments:

mytee sooperox said...

18 weeks! Hurray! And, for you, counting down IS an accomplishment: one more day, one day more. Hope things continue to go well.

Jerilyn said...

love the face

ColleenaMareena said...

My sister-in-law went on hospitalized bed rest at week 20 due to IC, and although it was REALLY hard for her and her husband, they were happy to do it, since it lead to the healthy delivery of their baby girl! I'm glad you're doing so well. I told my kids about your awesome situation, and how your two babies will be like twins, and my 3-year-old asked, "Are they going to have the same name because they're twins?" I told him we'd have to find out after they were born! :)

Kayla said...

I'm pretty sure that's a kayla face your pulling. Did you learn that from me?

Elizabeth and Brian said...

Girl as long as you don't use the M word(magnesium) I'll be ok but I have to tell you that I start to panic anytime you post something about a Dr. Have you asked yet about being on prog. oil shots? Or the oral pills they give to help stay of pre-mature preterm labor. I think it is a heart med. I know you know all this but stay very hydrated, sleep on your left side. Have you considered getting acupuncture and using essential oil of Lavender? Read up on it. A lot of people I know told me to do both next time I ever got pregnant(yeah right) including my old RE. They do it in England. Just a thought. I am crossing all my fingers and all my toes.

About Me

My photo
About us? Where can I begin? Our little family has been through more ups and downs than can be described here. It has been a roller coaster since day one. Join us as we continue on our crazy ride.