Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Featured


Day 280 Waiting for our miracle babies

Our second featured couple this month is Josh and Savannah. I could tell you a little about these two as I have met them personally and think they're pretty amazing, but I can't say it as well as Savannah can. The following is her story:

I married my high school sweetheart in 2001. For a few months we tried a few forms of birth control. After about a year, we decided we would let nature take its course. If we had babies, that would be great, but we wouldn't stress if they didn't come. Fast forward 6 years and we are still childless. We started to realize that something could be wrong. Long story short, we discovered that I have PCOS and hubs had a zero sperm count.

One night, Josh was driving home from work and he heard a commercial for Hallmark Cards. It talked about a lady finding a card for a unique situation... her friend had just adopted. At that moment he knew that we were meant to adopt. I think that helped prepare us for his test results that came back a few days later. We should have been devastated that we couldn't get pregnant, most couples are. It was heartbreaking, but we knew it wasn't over for us. We could still be parents.

We started our adoption paperwork through LDS Family Services in May of 2007 and we have now been approved to adopt for 18 months. That's the same as the length of two pregnancies... Why the long wait? I'm really not sure. We went into the idea of adoption knowing that we needed to find our child, not just any child. We know that Heaven has a child picked out for us and that we need to find each other. But this is something we can't do alone. Adoptions in general have a better chance of happening if the adoptive couple actively looks for their birth mom. That means we need your help. Please pass our information along to anyone you know who might be interested in placing a child for adoption.

We think adoption is a wonderful thing and we can't wait for our family to grow through this miracle. You can learn more about our family on our adoption blog HERE.

If you are a couple hoping to adopt and would like to be featured on my blog please email me at maloneandbrittanyadopt@gmail.com.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
About us? Where can I begin? Our little family has been through more ups and downs than can be described here. It has been a roller coaster since day one. Join us as we continue on our crazy ride.