Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

No good news, no bad news

Seriously, Dr. Wastes my time is such a pain. Yesterday was my appointment, and after waiting 2 hours in the waiting room, all she did was look at my BBT (Basal Body Temperature) chart. She basically said, well it doesn't look like you ovulated so you must not be pregnant. Do provera again to bring on menses, and then we'll up your clomid to the maximum dosage.

There are so many problems with everything she said. First of all, many times BBT's aren't even accurate in PCOS women. So Dr. is basing her assumptions on potentially inaccurate information. It's only been 28 days since Aunt Flow's last visit, so I haven't even technically missed a period yet. For all the Dr. knows, I could very well be pregnant. Or, I could very well get Aunt Flow without the help of the suicide bomber drug. (My friend coined that term, and it's so accurate because Provera realllllly screws with your emotions. Thanks friend!) Then, I tried to bring to her attention (AGAIN) that PCOS women aren't very responsive to clomid, and that I would like to try the femara. She told me she would look it up (that's what she said last time, but she didn't) and get back to me. In the meantime, I am supposed to wait to see if Aunt Flow will come. If it doesn't happen within the next week, I am supposed to go take a pregnancy test. At least I convinced Dr. Wastes my time to write me a scrip for a blood serum pregnancy test. That way I don't have to worry about the accuracy of a urine pregnancy test. Seriously, this is a mess. Hubby is finding out from our insurance today what they cover as far as infertility goes. I reallllly hope they will cover a specialist, because I'm done with Dr. Wastes my time. She's totally clueless. So essentially, this leaves me clueless as well. I guess in about a week we'll know more.

In other news, Malone is being transferred to the hospital closer to home. Thank goodness! That 45 minute one way drive to work was killer as far as budgeting for gas money. No kidding, last week alone we spent $83.00. That's in our little car that gets 32 mpg! There is something wrong with this world when we're paying $3.56 per gallon.

1 comment:

dust and kam said...

That is frustrating about the doctor! I hope you are able to find one that can help you a little more!

Our insurance won't cover any infertility. :P Lame. But they cover part of adoption expenses.

Gas is ridiculous. :P That's great that he is now at a closer hospital!

Good Luck with things. I'll be cheering you on!

About Me

My photo
About us? Where can I begin? Our little family has been through more ups and downs than can be described here. It has been a roller coaster since day one. Join us as we continue on our crazy ride.