Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, May 12, 2008

Crazy Day

So today I saw my new RE/ObGyn. He is AMAZING. Seriously, it's so refreshing to talk to somebody who actually knows something about my issues. I feel sort of like I'm getting a fresh start. So, let me sum up my appointment for all of you who are interested. And if you're not... oh well- I'm summing it up anyway.

Dr. Reproductive genius is part of a team of doctors that is going to work to get me pregnant. I know that sounds awkward, but hey, it's true. He specializes in infertility (obviously) but even better, he specializes in PCOS. So after taking plenty of time to listen to all my medical history/questions/complaints he pretty much told me the doctors I have previously been treated by are crazy. Okay, so they're not crazy but they have been trying to treat me without having a clue about what the problems are. AKA, they were just reluctant to refer me to a specialist because they wanted my money. (I probably shouldn't be so cynical, but that's what it seems like.)

So here's the plan, I'm running through a ton of tests tomorrow, and he got me in for another appointment next week where the team of doctors and I will come up with an individualized health plan. He really feels confident that I will be able to achieve pregnancy again with their help, and it's really comforting that he is so optomistic. And one of the best parts? He knows the way my insurance works, and he let me know that he won't be doing anything that the insurance won't pay for. Hallelujah! Affordable infertility health care! I was beginning to think it was a myth.

On another issue, yesterday was mothers' day. It was my first mothers' day since my son died. I managed to keep myself from crying at church, and ended up being glad that I had decided to go.

One more thing, we heard from the apartment lady recently. She said that as soon as we pass the financial requirements, we're pretty much for sure going to get in. After that it's just paperwork and contract signing. So we should know by the end of next week-ish.

4 comments:

Kayla said...

Brittany, I am so happy that things are starting to come together. Your doctor sounds wonderful! A good doctor makes all the difference.

Cindy said...

That's great! I hope all works out well!

Erin Lafleur said...

I am glad you mentioned how your mothers day went I was thinking about you all day. I wish I could say I was as strong as you but I did cry.

I am so happy to hear that things are going well with your new doctor. :) Wishing you all the best

Elizabeth and Brian said...

I am glad they aren't wasting any time. Did they say what they wanted to try? IVF, IUI.

I am glad you aren't seeing that other lady, she was really clueless.

Also, when it comes to a RE, it is the only time when a husband can be proud that another man got his wife pregnant.

About Me

My photo
About us? Where can I begin? Our little family has been through more ups and downs than can be described here. It has been a roller coaster since day one. Join us as we continue on our crazy ride.