Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, February 12, 2009

I HATE red tape

So all yesterday I was anxiously waiting to hear from our case worker because I know she goes in on Wednesdays. She said that she was going to try and get all the required signatures at their staff meeting. So I probably checked the email ten THOUSAND times waiting to see if I would hear from her. At 5:30 I still hadn't heard from her and I had to go pick hubby up from work. I was irritable and ornery and when Malone asked why I said, "Because I really wanted to hear from Charity today and I didn't." What was his response? HmmmmmMMMMM????? He said, "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that Charity called me."

You have to be FREAKIN' kidding me! Charity had called him and he forgot to call me and let me know. Man I could have avoided a whole day of anxiety. She just called to ask him a couple of questions about our file. Apparently the director wouldn't sign off on things until she cleared things up. (Double checking on our insurance and Doctor's reports.) Malone answered her questions and then hung up with her. Did he BOTHER to ask her if she knew when we could expect our approval notice? Of course not! Seriously... sometimes I wonder about that boy. (Don't worry, I still love him. :) But I think we're going to change our primary contact number from his cell to mine. )

So this morning Malone called the office. Of course, Charity wasn't in but the secretary was able to deliver the irritating news. Because the director didn't want to sign off on things until those questions were cleared up we are now going to have to wait ANOTHER WEEK! Mr. Director won't come in to the office again until next week at which point I am desperately hoping things will be perfectly clear for him to sign off on. Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad they're thorough when it comes to approving adoptive couples. And I understand they are super busy especially Mr. Director because he supervises two agencies. But this is just so important to me it's easy to forget it's not life and death to everybody else as well.

So... if we do get approved in a week, it will have been almost 8 months just to get approved to adopt. Does that seem like a little ridiculous to anyone else? Here's hoping we get chosen MUCH quicker than that.

2 comments:

Savannah said...

It took us I think 9 months for approval, so hang in. You have to be okay. You guys look like wonderful potential parents to me! I am praying for you and hope to hear good news from you next week.
Oh, and I would some how get even with my husband if he did something like that. Forget to cook his dinner or something, because you were too busy waiting for that phone call.

Erin Lafleur said...

Sounds like someone needs to go out of his way this weekend for Valentines day. :P

Sorry to hear about the delay, hope its all smoothe sailing from hear on out.

About Me

My photo
About us? Where can I begin? Our little family has been through more ups and downs than can be described here. It has been a roller coaster since day one. Join us as we continue on our crazy ride.