Day 194 Waiting for our baby through the miracle of adoption
Today we got to go see J again. She is just amazing! She's 15 weeks along and starting to show just a little bit. She has a tiny baby bump that is oh so cute! Next time I see her, I'll see if she will let me snap a picture. I can just tell from her cute belly that that baby is going to be precious! Well ok, maybe I am overdoing it a little bit. ;)
We had the best time hanging out. It was super casual. We took her out to eat at Chili's and the food was pretty good. We all laughed when we found out our server was a guy that J went out on a date with once! Apparently he was a horrible date though because there was no second date.
Then we got to meet her parents, O and D. They are SO cute. They had a lot of questions for us, and we talked a little bit about how we feel about openness. We had a really smooth conversation, and we just loved them. You can tell they are just good, decent people. Having adopted four children themselves, they really understand what it's like to be going through this adoption process. They are so supportive of J's adoption plan, it's such a fresh change from our failed adoption with S in July. I have to admit that we were nervous to meet them though! It was sort of reminiscent of that awkward stage of dating when you meet a boyfriend's/girlfriend's parents for the first time. But it went really well, so no nightmare stories there.
After that we got some treats and headed out for a movie. We saw Julia and Julie which was pretty good. We laughed and joked the whole time so we probably had more fun with that than actually watching the movie. After the movie, we took her home and gave her hugs good night.
So, at this point our only concern is with the birthfather, T. But he has reassured J that he won't cause a problem. In fact, I understand that the LDSFS caseworker recently helped him read through his relinquishment papers. He may consider signing them before the baby is born, which would be optimal.
Anyhow, there is one thing that still amazes me as we continue building this relationship with J. It feels like she has always just been a part of our life. Our relationship with her is so natural, and we feel so at peace with this adoption plan. I wish all adoptive parents could have an experience like this! I think there are so many unknowns about openness that adoptive parents really get scared of the possibility of an open adoption. But so far, ours is awesome, and we want it to remain this way.
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Malone and Brittany
- About us? Where can I begin? Our little family has been through more ups and downs than can be described here. It has been a roller coaster since day one. Join us as we continue on our crazy ride.


1 comment:
It's so good to hear that things are going so well. I continue to pray for you guys. I can hardly wait until you finally have this baby permanently in your arms. Also glad to hear that the birth dad is not causing problems. Hang in there!
Post a Comment