Day 149 Waiting for our baby through the miracle of adoption
So I can't believe it's been a whole week since the day we got on a plane thinking we were finally going to be parents. Heavenly Father is working overtime to heal our hearts. There are occasional moments when I feel overcome with anger, despair, hopelessness, etc... But for the most part, I am successfully moving on. After much thought and prayer, we have decided to continue to pursue adoption. Although we have lost a lot of confidence, we still have faith that God can help us build our family through the miracle of adoption. However, we are going to be very cautious about matching with a birthmother who is from a state like North Carolina again. To have a "period of revocation" or a period where the birth mother can change her mind is not a law that we are very happy with. It's not only hard on the adoptive family, but it must also be hard on the birth mother. I can only imagine what it would be like to be a birth family who has to endure that time period. It's hard enough to ask them to make that decision once, but to ask them to make that decision every day for 7 days (or more!) must be torture.
The matching agency we hired has offered to give us a full refund of our money. Although we really enjoyed working with them, we have been praying and have come to the conclusion that at least for now, we need to wait things out with LDS Family Services. So, we are asking our family and friends to make a renewed effort on our behalf to help us find the missing part of our family. We are taking a leap of faith, and are waiting for Heavenly Father to show us how this experience will be for our good. I have a very strong feeling that I need to send out our pass-along cards, so if you haven't sent me your address yet, please do so at maloneandbrittanyadopt@gmail.com.
We also wanted to say thank you to all of you. We have been so touched to see how all our friends, family, co-workers and even complete strangers have come together to support us. We have received the occasional insensitive comment, but for the most part we have been extended a lot of love.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Malone and Brittany
- About us? Where can I begin? Our little family has been through more ups and downs than can be described here. It has been a roller coaster since day one. Join us as we continue on our crazy ride.


4 comments:
http://www.crisispregnancy.com/birth-mother/state-laws-on-relinquishment-consent-time-to-revoke.html
This link is for relinquishment laws by state. I'm glad you posted. I will be in Utah July 30th- Aug 4th if you want to meet. I'll be at the FSA conferance. (If you do go bring some pass along cards just in case. You aren't supposed to approach a birth family there but they might approach you and ask. You can also pass them out to your adoptive and approved friends.)
I think you are doing amazing after what you've been through. You are definitely handling it a lot better than I ever did. Keep your faith -- it'll be worth it when the child meant for your family arrives. I know from experience. Tori is worth all the waiting, disappointment, and heartache we went through with infertility and failed adoptions before we got her. Since you are not going through the matching agency, you might want to consider posting your profile on parentprofiles.com. I think it's about $50 per month for LDSFS couples with no sign up fee or anything. Our caseworker has mentioned it to us and said that he's had several placements come to couples through posting their profiles there. It's affiliated with adoption.com, so it reaches a far wider range of birth mothers than the LDSFS site. I just thought I'd let you know in case your caseworker hasn't mentioned it to you. Good luck! Lots of hugs!
LOVE YOU BRIT!!! Call if you ever need anything!
WOW... you simply amaze me! My fingers continue to stay crossed - You continue to be in my family's prayers - I will continue to fast for your miracle baby to join you soon. Lots of love from Phoenix!
Post a Comment