Wednesday, January 21, 2009
We passed!
Today was our home visit with our caseworker! It was pretty relaxed, it only took about 15 minutes. Basically, I just took her on a tour of our apartment and showed her all the safety features of our apartment. I showed her where we have our fire extinguisher, carbon monoxide detector, and all of our smoke alarms. I showed her where we keep our cleaning supplies and medications. It was really simple and easy! And... we passed! YAY! Now we just wait for our caseworker to catch up with the BIG supervisor so he can sign our paperwork and we'll be approved! Our caseworker told us that we have a really good profile. She said that our paperwork sticks out amongst the other couples' paperwork because we were so personal and funny. She said that she honestly feels like we'll probably get chosen quickly because we did such a good job of being honest and giving a good picture of our personalities in the profile! (Notice all the exclamation points in the post... I'm excited.) That was really nice of her to reassure us because I've been so nervous that nobody will want to choose us. Anyway, I'll be anxiously checking the mailbox every day waiting for the approval notification. Don't worry, you guys will be among the first to know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Malone and Brittany
- About us? Where can I begin? Our little family has been through more ups and downs than can be described here. It has been a roller coaster since day one. Join us as we continue on our crazy ride.


5 comments:
Brittany I am so excited for you and Malone! (yes, I am using exclamation marks too) I think your case worker is right, you guys are so fun, youthful, and honest that you will appeal to a lot of moms. So many of these moms are young teenage girls and I think it is reassuring to them that their child will not be going to a home with people who are pretending to be perfect in button down shirts and tons of rules, but people who are genuine and FUN! I can't wait to hear more good news to come!
Thanks Erin! You're always so supportive, it just makes me smile everytime you leave me a comment. You're the best!
Of course you passed... You're AWESOME!!
Here's praying for that special little one to be found and matched quickly, because I know that you are amazing parents at heart.
YEA!!! I am glad you got that over with! We have ours this coming Wednesday, I am kind of nervous! Oh and I found out we DO have to have a two page collage or scrapbook thingy still! I don't know, maybe every state does it a little different. Yay for adoption! You guys are so dang cute and I loved your letter! I am still trying to get started with ours...
wahoo! added you to my list of "adoption peeps." check it out.
much love.
Post a Comment