Sorry for the lack of posts lately everybody! Life has just been so crazy around here. I feel like I can't catch my breath! Hopefully it will be better after the holidays are over. Anyhow, here's a little taste of what's been going on.
Remember how I got in a small car accident a few weeks ago? Well, I finally managed to get a hold of the right person at the guy's insurance agency 2 weeks later, and come to find out, he had admitted liability. The company hadn't bothered letting me know about it. I think they were hoping I would just let it go. Needless to say, I will never be doing business with Farm Bureau. So the lady sent me to a place to get an estimate. The estimate came out to be about $770.00. Even I think that's pretty ridiculous because it wasn't that much damage, but whatever. The car guy sent pictures and a copy of the estimate to the insurance lady that's working on this claim. Now I guess I just wait and see if they'll ever get a hold of me, or if I'll have to track them down again.
Also, there's been drama at work. Enough said.
The holidays. Enough said.
Working on the adoption stuff has been consuming a LOT of my precious few hours of free time. We're so close to finishing. Basically, all that's left to do is to upload 24 photos. That 24 photos thing is seeming insurmountable at this moment. Seriously, they don't want anything too pose-ey, they want it to show our personalities/hobbies, they want to see our smiling faces in about every picture without too many other people in the picture, and of course we have to accomplish all this without looking like hags. Did they ever realize that most of our activities involve just the two of us so it's hard to get pictures of both of us together, and that we don't usually lug our camera along to everything we do? Okay, that's enough venting. We had a day recently when my darling sister took a bunch of pictures of us. But that still doesn't amount to 24 pictures. I'll have to have you all vote on which ones are the best or something. When I get time. (HA!)
Okay, so here's the big whammy. My next piece of news makes all that previous stuff pale in comparison. My grandmother had a heart attack about a week and a half ago. She had to be life flighted to a nearby hospital. The doctors think she may have to have a quadrupal bypass surgery. There's a bunch of other medical mumbo-jumbo that complicates all of that previous stuff, but I don't really know how to explain it. Basically, they've done what they can for now, but they will not be able to perform the surgery for at least a month because of some medications she is taking. So she is at home, and my mom and grandpa are doing everything they can to help her gather her strength to prepare for surgery. I have been so worried about my grandma. Please, will you all pray for her? I don't care whether you're LDS (aka Mormon) like me, or some other religion. She needs all of your prayers.
So that's pretty much my life in a nutshell right now. I feel like my life is run run run run run, sleep, repeat, etc... So I have to apologize to all of you who haven't heard from me in a while. No I haven't disappeared, my life is just craziness.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Malone and Brittany
- About us? Where can I begin? Our little family has been through more ups and downs than can be described here. It has been a roller coaster since day one. Join us as we continue on our crazy ride.


3 comments:
You have been crazy busy! I hope things slow down a little for you.
You and your grandmother are in my thoughts and prayers. That is scary! I hope she gets feeling better!
Good Luck with the 24 photos. We don't have too many of us together... and the ones that we do have are ones that we have taken ourselves, so it's kinda funny. I am excited for the new website though! I wish they would activate us on that one! :)
I hope you have a Merry Christmas!
(i added you to my blog, if you have problems, let me know!) ;)
Posting the 24 pictures is the biggest pain! We went online this week and I am not at all impressed. I need to go back and fix some pictures, but I think it will have to wait until after Chrsitmas. And I agree. If it's just me and hubby who is there to take a picture? We only had like 3 pictures of us when we first started, but we now have a few more. Good luck and hang in there. I have to keep telling myself that someday I will finally hold a child that is mine and all this work will make it worth it.
The photos sounds like a HUGE task hopefully Christmas season will help you to fill some of those in.
I am sorry to hear about the other craziness going on in your life and wish the best to you and your family during this holiday season. As always, we'll be thinking about you!
Post a Comment