Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Adoption Process Update

So we had our individual and joint interviews with our caseworker today. Everything went really well. Basically, we discussed what we've accomplished so far and talked about what the next steps are that we need to take. We were pleasantly surprised to find out that three out of four of our references have already returned their forms to LDSFS. Thank you three SO MUCH!!! Our caseworker was very impressed with the quick turnabout. Now all we have to do is wait for that fourth reference letter. (Wink wink, nudge nudge Dad!)

While we're waiting on that reference letter and our background check to come back, our caseworker and one of her interns are going to speed the paperwork portion of our home study along, and she'll be coming to do our home inspection soon. That way she can get everything to her director as soon as possible. Meanwhile, we'll be working on getting everything ready for the new website, so that as soon as we get that approval letter, our profile will be posted online. Long story short, we hope to be approved by mid-January at the latest. That means that in about 6 weeks we could start being considered by birth parents! And our caseworker reassured us that she thinks we won't have any problem getting chosen. But remember, we need all of you out there to help us! Don't worry, I'll be getting to you about that very soon. :)

It's amazing to me that this is all coming along so smoothly. But our miracle worker said that we're kind of like her little guinea pigs. You see, LDSFS is launching a new website and a revised program for adoption. We are one of the first couples in our area that are coming in entirely under the new program without having done the old program first. All I can say is, I've never been more grateful to be a test subject in my life.

So that's pretty much the sum of it. I can't describe my feelings adequately right now. I'm ecstatic that we're actually making progression towards receiving a child. I'm sick to my stomach nervous about whether or not we'll get chosen. I'm overwhelmed with the whirlwind process. I'm eagerly anticipating meeting the woman whom we hope will choose us. All of that and more seems to be jumbled up and swelling out inside of me. I hope I don't explode!

3 comments:

Erin Lafleur said...

Once you get your adoption website please let us know, we would be more than happy to link you from our blog. We are so excited for you to get another little one.

Elizabeth and Brian said...

Cool, I am glad it went well. I was wondering. You know about that last referance letter, my mom took forever to get it in. I think she spent 4 months sitting on it. She had the hardest time doing it. I can understand your Dad being a bit slow about it because he upped and moved on us!!! You know, we will be in competition soon??

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness Brittany I'm so excited for you guys!!! Haha I'm going to have another niece/nephew!!! I flippin love being an Aunt. But beware because I will of course try and make it to where I am their favorite Aunt! Which means lots of spoilage! Bwahahaha!

About Me

My photo
About us? Where can I begin? Our little family has been through more ups and downs than can be described here. It has been a roller coaster since day one. Join us as we continue on our crazy ride.