We've made a little progress as far as the adoption process goes. We finished filling out the initial application, and our bishop filled out the questionnaire and sent it in. Now I guess we just wait to hear from LDS Family Services. Obviously, this is just the beginning, and we have a LONG road ahead of us. But we're excited that we got this much done! It feels good to make progress.
As far as our weight-loss goes, we had disappointing results on Saturday. Neither of us lost any weight. I guess we hit a plateau. But I won't let it discourage me. I know it happens to everybody. I'm determined to make this week better though.
So here are the results so far:
Me: 18 lbs lost
Hubby: 9 lbs lost
Other than that, nothing much is going on. I'm still loving my job. Today I taught one of my clients the beginning of the Veggie Tales song. He thought it was great, and I got a kick out of it. Every day I'm amazed how much I learn from my clients. A few days ago, the parent of one of our clients passed away. Today was her first day back at the center and it was so touching to watch all of the other clients hug her and try to cheer her up. I felt like I was witnessing true Christlike charity in action.
Well, I suppose that's it for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Malone and Brittany
- About us? Where can I begin? Our little family has been through more ups and downs than can be described here. It has been a roller coaster since day one. Join us as we continue on our crazy ride.


3 comments:
Congrats on getting it done.
Don't forget your fingerprinting.
Congrats on the adoption papers filled out. It is a long process and kinda stressful. I'm sorry you don't know me but I found your link from Brett and Nicole and decided to check your blog out I hope you don't mind.. Congrats on the weight loss. I need to lose about 100 lbs too..
That is awesome Brittany. I'm so happy for you guys. And I'm so glad you guys are going through with the adoption process. I'm so excited for you guys. I wish I could be down there with you but you know you'll have to come up here and visit me right? ;D
Post a Comment