Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Big Changes

In a previous post, I mentioned that our recent attempt at conception failed. Since then, I have made some big evaluations on life. I have decided to quit being ridiculous and putting everything on hold. I can't base my life upon the slim possibility that I MIGHT get pregnant. So... we're giving ourselves a break from all infertility treatments for at least one month. Possibly longer. I'm not even BBT charting! What a relief! And I'm going to do all the things I've been putting off.

For starters, we're both going to get healthy. I got a part-time trade position at a local sports club. Basically, I just have to do laundry 4 hours per week and I get a free family membership. You should see how amazing this place is! Some of the features are: an indoor pool, basketball court, track, and tennis court, an outdoor pool, basketball court, and tennis court, all the sports equipment you could ever want, a TON of classes which I can take for free, and the most gorgeous women's bathroom EVER. Seriously, the bathroom has a sauna/steam room, a hot tub, a lounge with television, a bunch of vanities, etc... I am so excited about this. We also purchased bicycles. Every day, Malone and I have been riding our bikes. Basically, we're trying to replace as much driving time in our car with bike riding. And, we have been riding together in the evenings just for fun! So, we save money on gas, get healthier, and improve our relationship! I don't see a down-side, do you?

Other than that, I'm also looking for a job. Tomorrow I have two job interviews. The first one is at a ficility that cares for mildly disabled adults. Basically, my job would be to supervise clients in daily activities. AKA, get them to work, take them to the movies, etc... The best part about it is that the company pays you and pays for you to go do fun stuff. The one concern that I have is whether or not I would be responsible for behavioral disability clients. AKA the ones who have violent tendencies. I'm planning on asking about that at the interview tomorrow. The other interview is at a craft store. Which, if you know me, is right up my alley. I don't care too much for sewing or scrapbooking, but I LOVE tole painting, wood working, holiday decorating, cake decorating, etc... Hopefully I'll get an offer from one of them. I'll just have to wait and see!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Good luck on your job search. FYI on the craft store, if it's the one that starts with M, I've never heard anything good about working there. I'd recommend the one that starts with H or J. :)

Erin Lafleur said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!! I am glad to hear that you two are taking some time to do somethings for you and relax. I am sure everything going on has been hard and stressful. :) Wishing you the best.

Piouette said...

Way to go. Good luck with the job interviews. I'm jealous of that club you're at. A pool and gym classes. Yum!

About Me

My photo
About us? Where can I begin? Our little family has been through more ups and downs than can be described here. It has been a roller coaster since day one. Join us as we continue on our crazy ride.