Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, December 19, 2011

Pink or Blue?

Well the time is quickly coming for us to (hopefully) find out whether or not our third baby is a boy or a girl. I am just over 18 weeks along and we are ecstatic to have our post-op appointment (to check the cervix and make sure it's not being rebellious yet) and to have our first 3D ultrasound with this pregnancy. I have had two ultrasounds so far since I became pregnant, but both of them were with the old machine and gave us only a fuzzy glimpse of our little one. It is such a blessing that we have the ability to check in on the baby and to keep a close check on the status of my cervix.

Anyhow, we are really hoping that the baby is not modest and will let us get a glimpse. Baby K made us wait an extra 2 weeks or so, so we're hoping that doesn't happen again. :)

A lot of people ask us whether or not we think we are having a boy or a girl. We all three seem to have varying opinions, so here is the current status of our little family's opinions.

Malone is absolutely convinced that we are having a boy. He is so certain that he has been reluctant to discuss girl names with me. He hasn't been wrong yet either, so he has something of a reputation to uphold.

I don't really have a gut feeling either way. It would be fun to have a boy and I know it would be very healing to hold a healthy son in my arms considering the trauma we experienced with the premature birth and subsequent loss of our baby G. However, I also love having a baby girl too. Either way I will be happy. Sometimes Malone manages to convince me we're having a boy but then the next second I will be swaying toward the idea of having another girl. So I guess I'm a fence sitter.

Our baby K, on the other hand has recently formed a definite opinion. This was a conversation I had with her recently:

Me: "Baby K do you want a baby brother or sister?" Baby K: "Sister" (She never answers the same on this question by the way. She doesn't quite understand yet) Me: "But what if you have a baby brother?" Baby K: "No way!!!"

1 comment:

Carmel said...

hmmmm I am going to say boy, just because it would be fun for you to have another boy (so you can raise both a boy and a girl). I really dont have a clue or care either way as far as my own pregnancy goes. It's our first, so we are happy with whatever. :)

About Me

My photo
About us? Where can I begin? Our little family has been through more ups and downs than can be described here. It has been a roller coaster since day one. Join us as we continue on our crazy ride.