Well, it has been an awfully long time since I posted. Things have been so busy! School started up again for us and I have been swamped with homework. This semester I am taking two social work classes, an English class, and a psychology course. It seems my professors this semester are big fans of busy work. But the material is fascinating. Good thing I love it because I'm applying for the social work program this semester! In fact, I have been finding my coursework so interesting that for my birthday I am asking my hubby for The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders by the American Psychiatric Association. I guess that officially qualifies me as a nerd. Other than school I have been staying busy with work and of course being Baby K's mommy.
As for the hubby, he is working on getting his first first author publication. Hopefully (fingers crossed) this will happen within the next month or so! Other than that, he just keeps plugging along in his program at school. He has the very last part of a big test coming up in a few weeks, so he is hard at work studying for that.
Baby K is growing in like a weed. It seems like her vocabulary is growing almost every day! She has mastered the words: mama, dada, and baba. She will also occasionally say: no, and uh-oh. She gives kisses, although they are still much more like head-butts. She loves to snuggle and she will clap when she's happy about something. Her rescent fascination has been playing peek-a-boo and she likes to throw things on the floor to watch me pick them up. She is proficient in the army crawl, and tries to crawl on her knees if she isn't in a hurry. She has also learned to pull herself into a standing position and will sometimes move her feet forward like she's trying to walk. As of this past week, she has six teeth. We are so proud of her!



1 comment:
Hey Brittany,
It sounds like your life is busy. I just thought I would leave a comment to let you know I still think about you. :)
Post a Comment