Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Drum Roll Please...

Day 233 Waiting for our baby through the miracle of adoption

Today was an awesome day. We had our ultrasound with our birth mom, J, and we also met our birth father, T, for the first time! It was so exciting, I can hardly contain myself.

So, I will try to describe for you how the ultrasound went.

First, the nurse called us all back. You could tell she was sort of surprised to have all four of us back there. But, to her credit, she took it all in stride and didn't even flinch when J explained that we are adopting her baby. There was an awkward moment at that point where Jeena had to expose her belly and... yeah... while we all averted our eyes. But then, the ultrasound tech said, "there's your baby!" We looked up and there on the giant screen was the most precious little baby. The nurse showed us the baby's profile, hands, feet, organs, etc... I was nearly speechless the whole time and trying not to embarrass myself by sobbing like a 3 year old girl. Then the nurse asked us if we wanted to know whether the baby was a boy or a girl. All four of us just about shouted at her: OF COURSE!!!

So the nurse pulls up the most perfect little shot of the baby's teeny tiny heiny. Of course, the baby was completely obedient and didn't even hide for a second. And the nurse said...

"I have never seen a more clear, perfect shot of a GIRL! 100%!"

11 comments:

Kayla said...

YAY! Congrats, girls are so much fun. I can't wait for you to be a mommy!!!!!

Jerilyn said...

oh oh oh!!! so exciting!!! I wanna buy you guys cute little girl things!!! haha. Congrats!! I'm excited for you both!

Happy Mom said...

Congrats!!!

Elizabeth and Brian said...

wow-
I've been looking forward to reading this post all day. I was sure it was a boy. Girls are so sweet and I have so many cloths you could have. HAPPY DAY!!!

Meka said...

Yay!!! YEAHHHHH!!!! EEEEEKKKK!! Ok I'm so excited! Girls are sooo fun! PINK!!

Ben, Amy, Tori & Jayden said...

CONGRATS!!! Girls are great!! I am so happy for you. If you need anything, let me know, ok? The wait feels like forever, but it'll be SO worth it in the end.

Cindy said...

YAY!!! I have clothes for you!!!

Edna Guerrero said...

Yeah Baby!!! Girls are so much fun - then they become teenagers! ha ha! I can't wait to by her some cute little outfits!

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic news! But it would have been fantastic news for a boy too! LOL! Congratulations! Time to start voting on names.

Ashley said...

Haha I'm so happy for you guys! I still think I should get extra points for guessing correctly! If you ever need a babysitter, call me!

The Followell Family said...

Brittany,
I am so happy for you guys. How awesome that you get to be so involved with the birthmother. I would love to be able to go to a visit with ours. I am glad things are moving along.

About Me

My photo
About us? Where can I begin? Our little family has been through more ups and downs than can be described here. It has been a roller coaster since day one. Join us as we continue on our crazy ride.