Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Modern Day Miracle

Day 212 Waiting for our baby through the miracle of adoption

Miracles do happen. Our birth father signed all of his legal paperwork today. He did it in the presence of our birth mother, her caseworker, and a notary. In the state where we live, he has no opportunity to change his mind now that the papers are signed.

I would be lying if I told you that I'm not relieved. It feels like a small burden has been lifted from our shoulders. But, at the same time, we feel a sadness knowing how difficult it must be for him today. We will continue to pray for him every day just as we have for the past year since we started this adoption process. We are so thankful for him regardless of some of the poor decisions he has made. We respect the great leap of faith he has taken in trusting us to follow through on our word. We hope he knows that we really meant what we said when we promised him some openness in this adoption.

Today we are eternally thankful to a man named T, and that he made such a courageous decision.

5 comments:

Edna Guerrero said...

YIPPEEEEEE!!! What amazing news! I seriously got goosebumps, chills, and even the waterworks started. I am so super duper happy for you guys! My family is having dinner with your brother & his comp this weekend, so I will tell him the great news. He used to tell me what was going on with the adoption process & now he just asks me becuase he realized I find out before he does. ha ha - Again.. congrats!!!!

Lyman Family said...

Oh my goodness, thank heavens. We've been praying and praying. Keep us posted in the continuing saga!

Elizabeth and Brian said...

That is worth CELEBRATING

Jerilyn said...

Great News!!! Hope you guys have more good news to come with this adoption!!

Anonymous said...

What a miracle for sure! This is great news. What a relief. It's wonderful that you are over this hurdle. My prayers are with you. You guys are going to be great parents!

About Me

My photo
About us? Where can I begin? Our little family has been through more ups and downs than can be described here. It has been a roller coaster since day one. Join us as we continue on our crazy ride.