Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, June 22, 2009

In Tribute

Day 126 approved and waiting for our baby through the miracle of adoption

I am back from my soggy camping trip. I know I have so much to catch up on, but that's just going to have to wait for my next post. Because right now, I have something much more significant on my mind.

Today is my son, Gavin's, second angel-versary. It was two years ago today that I held my precious baby in my arms and said goodbye to him. I miss him like crazy. I think about him every single day. In my mind's eye, I can still remember just what he looked like.

It's hard to believe that if he had lived, I'd be chasing a toddler around right now. But surprisingly enough, I am at peace as I'm thinking about him today. Instead of feeling pain, I feel gratitude. I know that he is watching over me, and because of my religion, I am confident that we will be together again someday. I thank God for that knowledge and for the blessing of peace that's in my heart right now.

5 comments:

Kayla said...

Wow Brittany you are an amazing woman. I truly admire your strength. You are such a wonderful example of faith.

Elizabeth and Brian said...

Gavin has a great mom. I'd give you a great big hug right now if I could.

Beth

Erin Lafleur said...

*hugs* I am glad to hear today was a peaceful day. We love you and will always have a special place in our heart for little Gavin.

Meka said...

I just can't even imagine the pain you felt and feel. Loosing a child would be so unbearably hard. Your post made me cry. You're so strong! I'm so glad you have such a strong testimony, it helps knowing that death is not the end and you are still his mom!

I tell everyone I know about you guys in hopes that they will pass the info along too. Please send me a few pass along cards! I think I emailed you my address but let me know if you need it again. I want to give some to my social worker and everyone I know!!

Savannah said...

I'm so glad you were able to be at peace on this anniversary. I'm sorry for the heartache you've had because he was called home to Heaven so soon.

About Me

My photo
About us? Where can I begin? Our little family has been through more ups and downs than can be described here. It has been a roller coaster since day one. Join us as we continue on our crazy ride.